Integrating Payment Processing: PayPal, Stripe
Servers: Linux, Apache, MySQL, Ftp, LAMP
Editor: Geany, Kate, Notepad++, Atom.io
HTML Editors: Kompozer, Dreamweaver
Files: SVN, GIT, FTP, FTPS, SFTP, WebDav
Project Management: Asana, Trello
Operating Systems: DOS, Windows 3.1 to win 10, Solaris, Linux, and some Mac experience.
Office Suites: Extensive experience with MS Office, Wordperfect Suite, OpenOffice, LibreOffice
Graphics: Photoshop and Gimp
Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, Midori
Media: Kdenlive (video editor), Audacity (audio editor)
Basic troubleshooting and repair of computer hardware, software on Windows and Linux, as well as Ethernet-based networks. Experienced in building PC based computers and servers.
Chaparral High School, Las Vegas NV - Graduated June 1993
Community College of Southern Nevada
- Graduated Deans List, May 2003 with an accumulative
grade point average of 3.53.
- Associate of Applied Science with emphasis in Microcomputers
- Associate of Applied Science with emphasis in UNIX
|CERTIFICATION & TRAINING
- IC3-GS3 - Internet and Computing Core Certification
- State of Nevada Sexual Harassment Training
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) Training
- Boy Scouts of America - Woodbadge Leadership Training
- United States Air Force - Customer Service Training
- United States Air Force - Child Abuse Prevention Course
- Boy Scouts of America - Youth Protection Certification
- Americorps*NCCC - Leadership Development
- Americorps*NCCC - Quartermaster and Tool Safety Training
- http://insanescouter.org/ - Boy Scout web site I built, and market. It gets around 30,000 visitors a month, has 3,000 newsletter subscribers and around 5,500 pages of content. I designed, built, manage and market the site.
- http://outdoorsgeek.com/ - A camp gear rental site which I create viral images and do other social media tasks for.
1998 - Present
- Advising and guiding clients with their websites and virtual needs
- Help clients with their websites, including developing new sites, and updating existing sites
- Help clients with basic marketing, especially social media, and some SEO
- Assist clients in finding, interviewing, hiring and onboarding new staff
- Perform various tests to assist security, monitor for potential problems and monitor server performance
- Assist with managing Linux-based servers including apache and mysql
- Ensure ongoing backups are getting done
- Forecasting potential risks. Manage budget, timeline and scope of projects
CIT/IT Lab Assistant & Tutor
2014 - present
College of Southern Nevada
3200 E. Cheyenne Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89030
- Coordinates with professors and technical staff to manage and run the programming lab
- Plans, implements and conducts UNIX study group meetings for the entire college
- Assists and instructs students on computer-related material, as it applies to their
courses. Instruction is hands-on training either one-on-one or in groups.
- Assist students prepare for the IC3-GS3 Certiport Microsoft Windows & Office certification.
Web Application Developer
2007 - 2009
Creative Web Ventures
6655 W. Sahara Suite B114
Las Vegas NV 89146
- Work as a team to create, maintain and debug code
- Assist with Linux and window workstation and Linux server troubleshooting
- Assist sales staff in using the website and its features
- Assist people who walked into the office
- Occasionally handled technical support phone calls and emails
Book Treasure House Inc.,
7500 W. Lake Mead Blvd., Suite 9 - 285
Las Vegas NV 89128
- Provide leadership to staff
- Lead the organization towards objectives and review results of organizational operations
- Oversees implementation of all aspects of all operations
- Maintain, backup and keep all servers running
- Develop, debug, and maintain all websites and code
- Build and maintain the network
- Evaluate, Choose and implement needed software and hardware
Boy Scouts of America as Youth 1982 – 1993
Boy Scouts of America as Adult 1993 – 2009 & 2015 – present
Earned Eagle Scout in 1991.